throttle pedal

Does anyone know of a solution to change the location and length of the throttle pedal on a 2003 Focus ZTS?

I am 6 foot tall, long legs. I have to have the seat all the way back but the position of my foot is too low as a result of bending my knee so much to fit. In order to touch the pedal I have to lift my toes to the max toward my knee and I can not keep it in that position for long.

I have tried using just cruse control but that in tricky in town.

All my previous cars had the pedal on the floor or real close to it. This Focus has the very bottom of the pedal about 5 inches off the floor so if you want to rest your foot it actual fits under the pedal!

I have thought about putting a block of wood on the floor to elevate my foot but I would rather replace the pedal.

But it seems to be all one piece up to the cable pull with no adjustment.

I need an extension to bring it to the floor with a pivot to allow the original pedal to still press all the way down to the back of the firewall.

I have a hard time understanding how Ford ergo'ed this pedal? It is way too high and hard to use.

My wife (5 foot.), has no problem as her legs are short and are more straight to the pedal so she doe not have to bend her foot up to get it.

Any ideas?

If replying to me directly take out the "no" "spam" from the email address. Thanks,

Stacey

Reply to
Stacey

Any solutions?

Reply to
Stacey

Are there any aftermarket throttle pedals for focus?

Reply to
Stacey