Timing Belt

Hi,
I own a 2000 Focus LX (North American). It just turned 101 000 KM. Should I replace the timing belt? If so, what is an approxiate cost of it (US or CA currency)?
Thanks

Ford recommends to replace the belt at 100,000 miles. I did mine at 89,000 and it looked like it was about due.
I went overboard and let them replace the water pump and install a new tensioner along with the belt.
Labor was $296.00 and the belt kit w/tensioner kit was $239.00 minus a discount I have with this shop.
I think the belt alone is about $150.00.
"EOO" <whereeverforever.com> wrote in message

Replacing the water pump and tensioner at the same time is not going overboard in most cars, it is being sensible. Nothing worse than having the t-belt done then finding coolant on the road a few months later, or have the tensioner go...
That price seems a bit high (but not dramatically). I would shop around a little.
EOO wrote:

Thanks

not exactly but close.. it is 160,934.4 KMs
ahmet
turkey
Ford recommends that the Cam belt be changed at 200,000 Kms.
You can go longer if the engine is a Zetec as it is non interference in stock form, so if the belt breaks the engine just stops.

not exactly but close.. it is 160,934.4 KMs
ahmet
turkey

    That isn't the case with all engines. Some of them are interference designs, certainly in the UK and Europe.
--
Tim.

snipped-for-privacy@spiny-norman.net
EOO wrote:

On mine (2001 SE Wagon 2.0 Zetec built at Wayne Michigan), the interval is 120,000 miles.
I had it replaced at 100,000.
Yes it should be replaced. Not sure of the cost but I believe it to be around $55 for the belt itself excluding labor charges.