tires

I'm going to buy some new tires for my 2002 ZX3. Any good advise and what tire to get?

Better give us a bit more information first, Ronnie. What sort of driving do you plan to do, and under what sorts of road conditions?
-------------------------
"Ronnie" wrote ...

Everyone has opinions, so here's mine. I have been really happy with the Bridgestone RE7XX family of tires. They are a unidirectional tire with excellent wet-weather characteristics, and don't compromise too much on absolute dry grip. That is, on all bit an autocross you won't notice the advantage of a gummy, ultra-high performance dry tire over the RE7XX, but in the wet you'll be happy to have them. Tread life is good, noise is within reason and the prices are good.
Stephen

I'm in the UK and have a 2001 Focus 2.0 Zetec, 3dr hatchback (not sure what you call that where you are). Initially, it came fitted with Michelin Pilot "Primacy" tyres (205/50 R16). These gave very good grip and the fronts lasted 25,000 miles before I had to replace them. The rears are still going strong.
I now have Dunlop SP tyres on the front; I can't say how well they will wear, as I only recently got them, but I have had no complaints so far with the performance.
I drive my car quite hard and was pleasantly surprised that the original tyres lasted as well as they did, whilst performing well too. Incidentally, my car is the model fitted with traction control and ESP, which probably helps keep wear to a minimum.
Hope this helps,
Tim
This car is mostly driven in town by our 18 year old son. He is a very good driver, thank God and his mother...

what
what
Pilot
going