Traction control vs brake life

Just wondering how traction control on ZTW affects the brake life. If its using the bakes to modulate the torque I'm thinking it must be tough on the brakes.

TIA F. Plant

Reply to
F. Plant

I'm guessing wear from normal use of the brakes will *far* outweigh wear from the traction control system, even if you go out of your way to activate it.

Let's ask Colin McRae how many miles he gets out of a set of pads...

Reply to
Mark Olson

Reply to
Justin Case

The brakes are only involved at starting from a standstill and at very low speeds. At higher speeds the motor control cuts power when the wheel spins, but no braking is applied. I have made 80,000 km with no pad renewal with traction control. During winter, on icy roads, the lamp can flash occationally as well as when starting on a spot with pebbles on the asphalt. Don't worry about it. /per

"F. Plant" skrev i meddelandet news:c6B0b.4645$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
per

I'm using the original, European, brake parts. Maybe they are different than the American brake parts, because most brake issues on this news group seems to be from North American drivers. /per

"F. Plant" skrev i meddelandet news:Tx71b.7482$c snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
per

Just in addition to Per's comments, if you drive so as to get the idiot light flashing at you, your brakes are not going to be especially long lived anyway . . .

Reply to
DervMan