Trunk Light Wierd Prob?

Hello all. This seems strange to me, but probably easy. I have an '02 Focus SE Wagon. The light that usually goes on when I open the rear hatch no longer works. I pulled the bulb, and looked at it and it seems okay. The filament looks thin, but intact. Even when I shake it it stays intact. I checked the circuit, and it's working, but the light won't do its thing. So whaddaya think? Replace the bulb, or is something else going on here? Thanks!

Reply to
LMO

Huh? You've thought this down to the bulb, apparently without test equipment? If this is a cartridge bulb hold one terminal in the left hand and the other terminal in the right hand, if you don't detect current flowing from one hand to the other replace the bulb.

I'm not one for shotgunning parts, but for the cost of a bulb you might fix this one.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill