Tyre Prices

I found this group last night when trying to discover some information about Focus tyre prices and alternatives to the PIrellis fitted by Ford. However, from previous posts it looks as if it is worth sticking with
Pirellis but I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of how much I should be paying for a pair of them. The front two were replaced at the last service and the garage charged me 150 and I was wondering if it was worth going back to them or going to an independent tyre place.
Many thanks.
Simon

Simon
Try this link. http://www.mytyres.co.uk I bought Pirelli P6000's for my Focus. They were delivered next day. I got them fitted by a local independant tyre fitter for 6 each (Drivers in Glasgow). Excellent service and the cheapest I've found..
Bob H

Thanks Bob. I had a look and assuming that they are P6000 205/50 ZR16 87W tyres then I think that my local Ford garage is pretty close in price since mytyres.co.uk list them at 73.80 each and I'd still need to get them fitted.
Maybe I've been lucky and found a dealership who don't wack on a huge mark-up!
Anyway, thanks for the pointer to the site which has at least allowed me to get an example price.
All the best,
Simon

Ah, I think that I was too hasty ... I think that I can use the P6000 195/50 R15 82V tyre which they sell for 39.70 each which is a huge saving! I think that I'll see what local suppliers can quote for them and then I may well order a pair from mytyres.co.uk.
Simon

That is cheap. The P6000 195/55 R15 for my car are 57!! I wonder why the difference? Still, a lot cheaper than Kwik Fit.
Bob H
Bob Hill wrote:

brand model tire in a different size, was told that that was an 'odd' size, fewer of that size are made, so more expensive. Maybe the 195/50 is more common then 195/55.

Are different makes of tyres fitted to different models of Focus? My 2004 TDCI has Goodyears on it.
--
Neil McDonald

My 2001 UK model has Firestone Firehawk 700 "fuel saver" tyres. Nine months ago they were 80 for a pair of exact replacements from one of the smaller tyre replacement companies. The price included. new valves, balancing, VAT etc.
Unfortunately the tyres are a little noisy on some road surfaces in some weather conditions.
See <http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scoobydoo/motoring/tyres1999/tyres1999 . htm>
for some tyre tests performed using the Focus.
--
Alan

Swiss Sport TDCis have Contacs mounted from the factory.