UK Focus 1.6 turbo diesel LX estate (2005-55 registration) 12,800 miles

I've just taken over a very nice Focus diesel estate - replacing my excellent 1999 1.8 turbo diesel estate which had done 149,000 miles with very little by way of trouble (steering pump failure at about 130,000 was the main problem experienced - an absolutely excellent car, still on original exhaust and original battery)!

On getting to know it better, the new car seems to suffer more road/tyre noise and general drumming of the body than the old one did (not a big problem but quite noticeable). Is this a recognised feature of the new ocus - or could there be a fault (wheel bearing perhaps) or the type of tyres (Continental)? Car had been serviced just before I got it.

Have only just found this group so apologies if the matter has been covered already.

In passing, the new car needs more by way of gear changing than the old one - said to be a more powerful engine, but you could have fooled me (perhaps not yet fully 'run in')?

-- Paul

Reply to
Paul