UK Focus 2002 - 2.0 Litre Ghia - beeps on startup.

Hi,
I've owned this car since new, it's done 50k miles and a few times over the last couple of months it's beeped at me when I've started the engine.
It's not the trip computer or temperate sensor, as it's a lower / slower sound, more of a bong than a beep.... if that makes sense. :)
The car appears to be running fine, but I'd like to know what, if anything is, wrong.
Cheers, Gary. PS. It had a new sump at it's latest service due to corrosion.
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:31:34 +0000, GaryR wrote:

The only thing that makes the sound you describe I can think of is the lights on alarm. If you open the driver's door with the lights on and the engine off, is that what you are hearing?
That same sounder is used to program the key to the car. You start the process by turning the ignition on/off four times, then the sounder gives a single signal. It seems unlikely you are turning the key that many times (!), so perhaps an intermittent electrical connection is triggering the key program process?

<Makes mental note to check sump on '99 1.8!>
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

I don't know if this applies to UK models, but is there normally an airbag warning light on your instrument panel? If so, does it light when the key is on and the engine is not running (bulb check)?
If the airbag bulb is burnt out, the airbag control module will beep as a warning to get the bulb changed. Without a working bulb, you would have no warning if the airbag system was malfunctioning.

Frost warning light and chime ?

Thanks for all the suggesting, but it's not the headlight, or frost chime as I know what both of these sounds like. It's a slower, lower tone bong that either of them and it's only happened when I turn the key to start the engine.
Is there any way to find out if there are any fault codes ?
Cheers, Gary.
GaryR wrote:

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid7

Perhaps you have a problem with the ignition key:
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1guf2-renewed-battery-key-ford-focus