UK Focus - 6000 CD stereo

Just picked up new - to me - Focus at the beginning of the week and am unhappy with the quality of sound from the 6000 CD stereo system.

I was considering adding a CD autochanger and a mobile phone hands free kit, but wonder if the problem lies with...

the head unit ... or... the speakers

Anyone changed either of the above and noticed better quality sound afterwards?

Any opinions gladly considered - don't want to go spending £'s adding to the head unit if that's at fault.

TIA,

John

Reply to
John Gallagher

In message , John Gallagher writes

I doubt it would make a great deal of difference as the amp is in the existing head unit and the speakers would also be the same.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Chane your speakers 1st then head unit add a sub and amps

thats £2000 gone

I change my speakers (made a huge difference)

Then my head unit (small difference)

Reply to
Hoot!!!

The speakers are by far the worst of the ensemble, get some fairly senstive co-axials in their- i'd reccommend some Infinity reference 5x7's (which is what I started with) for about £70. They fit straight in, although you'll have to chop or mod the ford speaker plugs as they're not compatible with anything aftermarket.

The internal amp within the Headunit is quite mediocre but try it with some decent speakers first.

Personnally I have a Blau London H/U, 4 channel amp, infinity 6.5" components in the front, stock rear speakers, and a 10 inch sub. The quality now is on another planet to what the Ford system was. Its amazing that Ford have the nerve to market such a crap setup.

The only decent sounding Ford system I have heard just lately is the optional Sony equiped Mondeo Ghia, though turn it up to moderate to high volumes and it begins to sound ragged...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.