UK Focus remote key

Just bought a 54 plate Focus LX(UK). How many remote keys are supplied as standard? I was given one remote key and one ordinary key. It seems strange
as every other car I've bought with remote locking came with two remote keys. The Ford dealer tells me this is standard!

My 2001 Focus (second hand from Ford dealer) came with a 'master' red key (non-remote), a blue key (non-remote) and a 3 button radio frequency remote key.
I wonder if the dealership has held on to your master key so that you will always have to go back to them to cure future problems (at a cost)?
You need two coded keys to program a third key - to allow the third key to disable the engine immobilisation system - so it may be worth getting a third key and programming it before you lose a key.
The cost of a radio frequency remote key a few years ago was around 60 from a Ford dealer - more if they programed it (instructions for programming are in the owners handbook and is a five minute job)
--
Alan
I've had two Focuses and they both came with one three button key and one blue key - no red key. However, I've never needed to reprogramme

Thanks - at least I know the dealer wasn't making it up.

Remote key will be 44.97 apparently.
Yes it's a remote key and a blue key - will consider the possibility of a 3rd key.
My main concern was thinking of adding an alarm to the car. Most alarms will now work with the car's own remotes but this will not be of much use as there is only one remote. It would mean the spare key wouldn't be of much use as it would not turn off the alarm.
So I'm faced with geting an alarm system with two remote fobs thus making the Ford remote key redundant and losing the boot button.
Any ideas? I've been reading a lot of posts that don't think an alarm is necessary now as most new cars use the immobiliser system.

Doesn't everyone just ignore the sound of car alarms these days?
You will probably achieve the same results with a dummy alarm i.e. using the existing red light on the dash that flashes when the ignition is off and putting a few 'alarm stickers' on the windows.
If a thief wants something from your car he will just smash a window and not bother if the car has an alarm or not.
The ignition immobiliser will prevent the car from being started without a key coded for the car.
--
Alan
Yes I think you're correct. It's just been standard practice to fit an alarm which predates most new cars being fitted with an immobiliser as standard. I think I'll follow your example of putting some stickers on.

So it's basically working on the central locking activating?

much
making
wrote

strange
You shouldnt have received a Red master key with your Focus. Ford disconntinued the red master around mid-late 98.
They then went to the "2 standard keys needed to programme a 3rd, 4th, 5th etc" affair.
You can have upto 7 keys coded at any one time to disable the immobilizer.
Tim..