UK Key Programming question

Just bought a used Ford (Zetec S X Reg)

It came with only one three button ignition / door key (its a radio type key) I'd like to buy a spare. My local Ford dealer (DEE's of Croydon) want just over £50 for a new key plus £80 programming charge. Is there a cheaper alternative ? Does anyone know of an independent key supplier who can also program ? (preferably somewhere around the London, Surrey, Kent border or failing that anywhere in the UK)

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

In message , Alt Beer wrote

If you have two keys, one a three button remote key and the other a bog standard key with no buttons, you can program the new key yourself. Its a two minute job.

The instructions are in the owners manual - post again if you have the two keys and no manual.

You only need one key to code it to open the doors but you need two keys plus the new one to program it to defeat the engine immobilisation - to start the car.

Unfortunately the £50 for the key alone seems to be the going price from a main Ford dealer.

Reply to
Alan

Thanks for the info... unfortunately, I only have one key for the car. Looks like I have to go to a Ford main dealer..

Reply to
Alt Beer