UK MK1 front stabiliser drop link

I need to change the front offside anti roll bar drop link on my Focus mk1 tdci.
Can I just jack up the front offside or will this put tension on the drop link
and therefore be difficult to remove / fit the new one ?
Is it necessary to raise both offside and nearside front to keep tension off the drop link ?
Thanks