UK ST170 Engine warning light help!

Had this before..

knocked the bottom of my focus on some raise bit on way to work. engine warning light came on. took it to for.. it was a sensor in the exhaust that had taken the impact. he said its nothing major but a new sensor..£250. ok.. same bit of road done it again.. should forward my bills to the councill. already done 4 tyres in the past year due to pot holes. anyway

is there anything i can do rather rather than taking to a garage.. my old man is a ?old school? mechanic and im more electrical..

any advice would be great

Reply to
mordzy

Obviously the post cat o2 sensor, which on the ST is under the car- not incorporated into the downpipe as it is on the standard 1.8 and 2 litre engines.

The o2 sensor is just that, an o2 sensor, and Mr Ford Dealer should not be charging you #250 for a sensor and 15mins fitting time.

Obviously slow right down for these speed bumps!!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Why not go aftermarket and do it yourself? The part should be a lot cheaper anywhere but the dealership.

John Cairns

Reply to
John Cairns