Unable to unlock/open rear passenger door

Hello: I did a quick search and didn't find this scenario...

2002 Focus ZX5 (US) I am unable to unlock or open the rear passenger side door. All other doors will unlock with the key fob or with the button, but when I try to open the one door in any way it will not comply. I have tried pulling on the handle and pushing and poking the doorlock but it is as if the lock itself is jammed. It is quite possible my daughter did this out of boredom but I cannot rule out some sort of known problem with the door. Has anyone come accross this before? I found some notices online, and they were close in description to this but not right on. Any suggestions on correcting this short of taking it in to the dealer? Would it do any good to remove the fuse? I had thoughts of removing the door panel, but all the instructions I found on this indicated that you need to have the door open to do this, and obviously, I cannot open the door in the first place... Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply to
jeff.mayfield

Jeff.... I believe your Focus has child safety locks, which can be dissabled by inserting your ingition key in a slot located just above the lock with the door open and turning it. There should be a factory sticker above the lock to indicate the right direstion to turn the key to disable this feature. Once disabled you will be able to lock and unlock the rear passenger door using the keyfob.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
kevgozoom