Undershield - fasteners under LH wheel arch?

My 2003 Zetec TDCI is making a light groaning sound from the LH front strut area.

At first I thought it was a worn damper, but now I've found that the plastic "undershield" (the one that "wraps round" the end of the gearbox) appears to be a loose (i.e not attached) in this area. The strange thing is I can't see any holes in the undershield for attachment bolts in this area. I suspect the relevant bit of plastic might have been snapped off by Mr Ford's skilled service operatives.

Anyone shed any light?

TIA

Andy

Reply to