Update: Loud drone from front

Hi all, An update on the below thread.

I've changed my front discs and pads... yet the sound still persists... Anyone else had better luck?

Cheers, Peter

> Hi gang > > > > I have a 2000 UK Spec 2.0 l Ghia 4 door saloon. Covered 23000 miles and have > > just noticed a loud droning noise coming from the front of the car when > > driving which gains in pitch with increase in speed. It is not related to > > engine speed, but more to road speed. It can even be heard above the stereo. > > > > Can anyone shed a light on this before I enlist the help of the local > > dealer. > > Wheel bearing? usually the drone is more pronounced when your cornering on > the affected wheel. > > Tim..

I have a 2002 UK Spec 1.6 4dr with the same problem, for me the noise is most pronounced at around 40-50 kmh and goes away above that.

I've changed all 4 tyres and rebalanced... that didn't help... My dealer replaced both front bearings under warranty and it still didn't help.

I've more or less given up... my last try is to change the front brake discs and pads... previous posts mentioned that sounds may come from warped discs.

Let me know if anyone has found a solution to this ya??

Cheers, Peter

Reply to
sg_focus

Check the right side half shaft, half way there is a bearing that takes a dump sometimes

Johan

Reply to
Johan Berkhoff