Update: Loud drone from front

Hi all, An update on the below thread.
I've changed my front discs and pads... yet the sound still persists... Anyone else had better luck?
Cheers, Peter

I have a 2002 UK Spec 1.6 4dr with the same problem, for me the noise is most pronounced at around 40-50 kmh and goes away above that.
I've changed all 4 tyres and rebalanced... that didn't help... My dealer replaced both front bearings under warranty and it still didn't help.
I've more or less given up... my last try is to change the front brake discs and pads... previous posts mentioned that sounds may come from warped discs.
Let me know if anyone has found a solution to this ya??
Cheers, Peter
Check the right side half shaft, half way there is a bearing that takes a dump sometimes
Johan