US mp3 player in a UK focus?

I have seen a great Ford Focus Blaupunkt CD MP3 Radio on ebay, only problem is this is from a 2003 USA Ford Focus and I need it to fit a 2002 UK model.

Will it work?

I had a ford cougar two years ago and bought some blue halogen bulbs in the US and the plugs were different although a hit knife soon solved the problem. This is a little more expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

From and electrical point of view there should be no problem (assuming american cars use a 12v negative ground system) you might need to do a bit of rewiring from the plug, however it would surprise me if the cars in america used a different wiring layout because they would then have to use 2 different manufacturing lines for the same system. I could well be wrong tho.

If you are looking for a good mp3 system and dont want to take the chance of buying that one and being wrong, i would recommend the pioneer DEH7600, its fairly cheap and the sound quality is tremendous, the only drawback is that the convertor for you steering wheel stalk is quite expensive

Reply to
adcb