Using Biodiesel in Focus Tdci duratorq 115

Hi folks, Is it wrong to use biodiesel in my Focus?its on a 54 plate-I have already filled it up in the past (its only 70p a litre) I just noticed that the fuel economy was slightly less-but that was it. The 5% Ford recommend seems to be pointless-does it "harm" the engine in anyway? TIA

Reply to
Paul Johnson

A 54 plate Focus should be OK on biodiesel from the pump - using recovered waste oil is a slightly different story and generally requires some minor mods to your engine.

Biodiesel wont harm your engine; in fact it will do it a power of good! You may find that as you start using higher concentrations regularly that the fuel filters will need changing a few times within a thousand miles or so, but don't worry as this is only a temporary thing ;)

Wish I could have a found a diesel focus when I changed my car recently, but there just weren't any in a decent condition in my area and I was a bit pushed for time...

Reply to
Richard Parkin

Funny you should say that-I have the fuel economy getting a little better-btw do you know the correct fuel filter price for the duratorq

115 ? I was charged 20 quid for a diesel filter but when I changed it the car refused to start-I had to leave the old one in-the only difference I could see was the top of the filter was slightly more curved-any web sites that will specify the exact one? Cheers and thanks for the feedback.
Reply to
Paul Johnson

£20 sounds about right, but I am afraid I cant really describe it beyond "grey, cylindrical, 2 yellow bits on the top" ;)

A ford dealer with a spares counter will be able to tell you exactly which type you need from the reg / engine number of your car though...

Reply to
Richard Parkin

Thanks alot for that. Have a good weekend.

Reply to
Paul Johnson