Variable speed sensor

The speedo on my 2000Z 1.8 occasionally at any speed suddenly reads zero for a few seconds coupled with a reduction in the radio volume. I'm told that
this is a faulty variable speed sensor. Can someone please advise where it is and how to remove it. Thanks. Tony Anderson.
Tony Anderson wrote:

If you Google in this group for VSS, you will find lots of information to help you.
Short answer: New sensor is 25UKP and a bit of a pig to fit, or about 100UKP for a dealer to do.
Post again if you need more help.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

VSS = vehicle speed sensor
I had the same problem on my Ford Focus SE with a manual transmission, and I recently replaced the VSS, and the problem has gone away :) I want to thank everyone on this newsgroup for helping me diagnose the problem.
For automatic transmissions, I think there is a slightly different name for the speed sensor.