vss help

anyone know if the pin that go's though the plastic leg on vehicle speed sensor holds it in cos cant get pin out of gear box any ideas

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
paul

what car?

and wrong group

Reply to
UFO

sorry friend being silly

Reply to
UFO

In message , paul writes

Yes it does hold it in. Try using a good penetrating oil like "plus gas" and let it soak for a few hours.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Hi Paul

Yes the pin does hold it in and it's a pig to remove. My technique is to break off the plastic alignment clip ("leg") from the sensor and also the metal clip at the head of the pin. This gives good access to the pin itself. I then use a pair of side cutters to grip the pin and at the same time lever sideways against the casting. It's the only way I've had success.

Having removed the pin, the sensor is still hard to get out. It has double o-rings on it that make it tight in the transmission. DON'T be tempted to hit it upwards with anything or it will break off! I grasp it with a piece of rag, then rotate it a few degrees each way until it feels loose. It should then pull upwards easily.

Best of luck!

HTH

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The roll pin the goes east-west through the transmission casing just below the VSS does indeed hold it in, and they can be a pain to get out.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.