Water in floorboard

Hi all. Just wondering how many have had water puddle up in their floorboards. I am taking mine in on Monday for this problem.

2002 SVTF
Reply to
fm

Coincidence or what! We had heavy rain overnight Sunday night. Monday morning saw the passenger foot well awash with water on my 2001 UK Focus 1.6. Took it to the dealer's this morning - common fault of leak around the pollen filter repaired (allegedly) under warranty - car 18 months old - and carpets and underfelt dried. I await the next downpour with trepidation. If you "google" on this newsgroup you will find 24 mentions (at least) of this fault since the beginning of the year. All the same faulty seal on the pollen filter. Ford know all about it.

Reply to
M C C

My brother's 2003 ZX3 started leaking water on to the passenger floorboard a few weeks ago. My first assumption was that the A/C drain might be clogged. He took it in and the dealer said water was leaking in through cowl area. They smeared silicone all over the cowl area and said it was fixed. He got it back and it still leaked. We took a closer look and found water dripping from the evaporator case down on to the floorboard. He took it back to the dealer and they told him it was leaking around the firewall and proceeded to use more silicone. After hearing this I called the dealer on my brother's behalf and explained the situation and asked a few questions. They told me the car had "sealing issues in the firewall". I told them that the water was leaking from the evaporator case. They said, "Well, the car must have two leaks then." We went back and forth a few times and they finally agreed to check the evaporator case. After replacing that, the leak stopped. However, in the repair process, the managed to put several scratched on the dash and door trim. My brother and I are both very, very particular and keep our vehicles immaculate. Needless to say, their shoddy repair job enraged him. After a few words with the dealer, they agreed to replace the entire dash and all damaged trim pieces.

It's such a shame these people can't do the job correctly and carefully the first time. This all could have been solved in one service trip, not three.

Roger

Reply to
zroger73

Hi,

Put it this way, phoned mylocal dealer to book in my Focus (UK 2001 Ghia Estate) for a service and mentioned a leak into the passenger footwell.

'Oh, that will be a Focus then'.

And no, I hadn't mentioned the car by then. Touch wood, no problems since. They claimed it was a seal around the pollen filter (as many other NG posts), but I notice they replaced the rubber bit where the windscreen 'meets' the bonnet.

Reply to
NT

In message , NT writes

The rubber bit you describe "is" the pollen filter cover.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Had the same problem about 6 months ago after a heavy downpour. It was the pollen filter which the local garage forget to change at the last service. They kindly offered a free hire car and valeted my own.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Dunstan

In message , NT wrote

That's the bit that lets in the water. The pollen filter is under the cover where the windscreen meets the bonnet on the passenger side for UK cars - the rubber they replaced is the seal for the cover.

Reply to
Alan

And all the clips are necessary too, they seem to be prone to break or be lost or misfitted. /per

"Paul Giverin" skrev i meddelandet news:3tkvZEGMkwG$Ewx1@10.0.0.3...

Reply to
per