Water in Passenger Footwell Again - PLEASE HELP!!

Hi All
Got a slight problem that I could do with some advice/guidance.
Had an 04 Ford Focus Zetec TDCI that leaked water into the passenger
footwell. Garage took the car in and repaired 3 times but problem persisted. It appears that when I had the air con on water would drip through and around what looks like a vent which has a spongy like seal around it.
Anyway the garage changed the car. I have now a Ford Focus TDCI Ghia and again have noticed that this spongy seal around this ???vent in the passenger footwell is wet. I have air con on all of the time and am wondering whether this is causing the problem or not.
I would appreciate anybody's view on this matter before I take this car back to the garage.
Thanks in advance.
Nick
Has the pollen filter been checked?
Mojo

persisted.
and
car
Nick Harrison wrote:

if your getting water coming in from there my best guess is that the water that is condensing on the evaporating coils is not draining, happened on my '88 probe a few times, ended up with ~1in of water in passangers footwell, yes it all came fro the AC, it was very humid that day about 90F and 90%, but I digress, the drain hose was plugged they shoved a wire up the hose cleared the problem right up. Has to be done from under the car obviously, so if you can get under the car easily you may be able to do it your self.
I had a similar problem with a galaxy. Drain holes were blocked and water was overflowing through the A/C to the footwells!
Ok this is a recall on the focus, haven to do with the AC. I cant remeber the excat componet but what its doing when your AC is on it accumlates water and then over flows on the Passenger floor board :( bummer i took a long time looking at that and took a look at recalls and sure enough thats the problem :)