Water in passenger footwell but from A/C

I have a European Focus 1.4 LX , 1 year 6 months old. I parked the car as usual in the garage after a 15minutes drive from work and noticed water on the passenger side. This is obviously not rain water from the pollen filter
because our temp. in Malta is 35 degrees celsius, no rain yet. I went to the passenger side and started the engine again and noticed no leaks. I switched on the A/C on fan speed 1 and noticed water leaking from where the centre console meets the bulkhead from the inside. After 1 minute I switched off the A/C and the the water leak stopped.
I am assuming that there is a clogged hose or something like that but will these things happen with a 1 and a half year old car with only 6000km on the clock?
Has this ever happened to someone? Can you help me.
kev018 wrote:

a small hose coming down to the underside of the car, try shoving a wire up there to clean it out. or take it to a garage.

I've heard of that happening...it's the drain tube from the A/C and it's either blocked or not draining properly and backed up. I'm sure someone will tell how to do it yourself. Good luck... Linda
It sounds like your evaporator drain tube is clogged. As it only leaks in while the A/C is running, I think that is the source. A simple matter of cleaning out the crud in the drain line.
HbgpodLW wrote:

I had this problem with a ford aspire. When I looked I found a small rubber tube had been knocked loose by the passengers feet.