Water inside headlight lens on 2001 ZX3

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced moisture on the inside of the headlight?...Noticed it one morning when there was a lot of moisture in the air...It's been like that for about 2 months now...It never dries up...Doesn't seem to impact visability while driving at night, but I'm wondering if it might eventually shorten the life of the headlight.

Steve

Reply to
Sam

I used to see condensation form under my car's headlight lenses too. I solved the problem by drilling a couple of 1/8" holes through the lenses to allow the moisture to escape. Now if they fog up, it's only a few hours, at most, until they clear up.

BTW, I replaced my car's stock headlight bulbs with Sylvania "Silver Star" bulbs. I really like the look. It reminds me of the HID lights you see on high end cars, and not at all like the cheap blue halogen bulbs that were so popular in recent years. A nice upgrade, and legal across North America, too, I'm told.

Rob

-------------------------------

"Steve" wrote ...

Reply to
Basic Wedge

One of mine had condensation when I bought it (used). Had the dealer replace it, and no problems since.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Charpentier

I had the same problem on my 2003 ZX3 after using a high pressure car wash. I managed to fix it by removing the rubber cap on the back of the headlamp housing for a couple of hours on a warm dry day, then fitting it snugly back into place. This gives the moisture a chance to escape from the housing.

Bob

"Sam yahoo.com>" Just wondering if anyone else has experienced moisture on the inside

Reply to
Bob Roberts

Over the course of 18 months, b oth of the headlights on my 2002 LTW wagon fogged up,. I just took the car to the dealer I bought it from and theyswitched them out for new ones. No questions asked. No charge because of the warranty. If it happens again after my warranty runs out I'll follow some of the suggestions made here and make some provision for the moisture to escape.

Reply to
Chris McCarthy

Sorry for the tardy reply, but I wanted to thank you Bob as your solution worked for me also.

Steve

Reply to
guyindasky