What are people using for snows and size

Hi all What are you people using for snow tires and what size of rim can I use? I have 14 inch escort rims are they okay to use? Thanks Dave.

It might help if I put year and car. LOL. Sorry my car is 2003 Focus ZX3 .

On 14 inch rims, you should use 185/70 winter tires to match the diameter of your present tires. Handling will suffer a little, but traction will be excellent. I think your Escort rims will fit, but you can easily check one before buying tires.
ledpeddle wrote:

which approximate 195/60-15. They are great "bang for buck" tire!
Ron
--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

Geoff

If they fit and are legal to use on your car, they should be fine, speedo might need recalibration. Iirc your Ford dealer should be able to easily reprogram the speedo.
Personally use 15" steel rims, they were original mounted and I replaced them with alloys for better optics. Got winter tires for the left over steel rims, "Continental Winter Contact" 195/60-15T. They have amazing snow traction and are pretty silent and I'd highly recommend them, only downside the limited Vmax of 190km/h.;(
Thanks guys for the tire size and info.

Hi Guys I'm also looking at winter tires. I live in Canada and need good snows for my daughters ZX5. She presently has 205/50 16. The previous posts were extremely useful. Thanks Guys. I need to buy steel rims so I can go with 14's or 15's. Most of the driving will be highway at 110k max. Would you recommend 185/70 14 or 195/60 15. Thanks, Geoff.

The difference is minimal, while 185 might be a fraction better uphill, breaking will be minimal better with 195.
Now take into account the most important concerning ice/snow, being able to stop your car *controlled*.
I'd check prices in addition, 195/15 are pretty common, so they might be even cheaper YMMV.