What else can go wrong? FORD 2000

About a month ago my car overheated while I was sitting at a light. I started driving it and antifreeze went all over my windshield...not to mention all over my engine. When I took it to the mechanic, he replaced the thermostat, thermostat gasket, housing, and two hoses.....A whole 425 dollars :( I still have a problem with it overheating...mainly I?ve found my fan does not come on when the A/C is not on.

I have an electrical short somewhere. Its so bad that my when my lights are on and my radio is on...I hear a buzzing sound...not to mention now I have no brake light or turn signal light in the back right side of the car, but yet that light is on when I turn my lights on. Very strange.

My car has started without the key in it...twice...and turned itself off. I don?t have a remote starter...it just did it on its own.

And now...For the greatest part ever....I just got my fuel filter replaced...my battery replaced..and did a full tune up on my car...and my car is studdering. I?ll drive down the road doing 65 and it seems like I am taking my foot off of the gas pedal...but I?m not. Eventually it looses power. The a/c gets low and my car wont get up over 30. Eventually it just shuts off completely and all of my dashboard lights come on. I let it sit for 30 min or so...my car runs fine for at least an hour.

Has anyone had any of these problems before?

Reply to
jasonsfuzzyhead

The hose must have been showing signs of splitting or bulging long before it blew. You don't give the mileage or how long you've owned it, but older cars require routine inspection every year or so to prevent such messes.

This is an elderly ignition system (probably a bad spark plug wire) feeding back into the radio. Happens on all older cars not properly maintained.

Different bulb in the housing

Aliens? Seriously, this is the first I've heard of this since the VW Golf situation over a decade ago, which turned out to be water leaking around aftermarket radio antenna installations. Does it have any special modifications or body damage?

Sounds like a fuel pump. What do the codes say?

Reply to
Dave Gower

"" wrote: > "jasonsfuzzyhead" wrote in > message > news:1_643847 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... > > About a month ago my car overheated while I was sitting at a > light. I > > started driving it and antifreeze went all over my > windshield...not to > > mention all over my engine. When I took it to the mechanic, > he > > replaced the thermostat, thermostat gasket, housing, and two > > hoses > > The hose must have been showing signs of splitting or bulging > long before it > blew. You don't give the mileage or how long you've owned it, > but older cars > require routine inspection every year or so to prevent such > messes. > > > I have an electrical short somewhere. Its so bad that my > when my > > lights are on and my radio is on...I hear a buzzing sound > > This is an elderly ignition system (probably a bad spark plug > wire) feeding > back into the radio. Happens on all older cars not properly > maintained. > > > mention now I have no brake light or turn signal light in > the back > > right side of the car, but yet that light is on when I turn > my lights > > on. Very strange. > > Different bulb in the housing > > > My car has started without the key in it...twice...and > turned itself > > off. I don?t have a remote starter...it just did it on its > own. > > Aliens? Seriously, this is the first I've heard of this since > the VW Golf > situation over a decade ago, which turned out to be water > leaking around > aftermarket radio antenna installations. Does it have any > special > modifications or body damage? > > > And now...For the greatest part ever....I just got my fuel > filter > > replaced...my battery replaced..and did a full tune up on my > car...and > > my car is studdering. I?ll drive down the road doing 65 and > it seems > > like I am taking my foot off of the gas pedal...but I?m not. > > Eventually it looses power. The a/c gets low and my car wont > get up > > over 30. Eventually it just shuts off completely and all of > my > > dashboard lights come on. I let it sit for 30 min or so...my > car runs > > fine for at least an hour. > > Sounds like a fuel pump. What do the codes say?

Its a 2000...it has about 80000 miles on it. I bought it in September...I really shouldn?t have because of all the problems I?ve had with it.

Turns out, the sputtering was a Fuel Delivery Module...which was recalled for the year of my car...fixed for free.

As for the hoses...everything is taken care of. Now the only problem I really have is that my car still overheats..which I believe to be caused by my relay switch. As long as I drive with my A/C on...it should be good.

As for my car starting by itself...I?ve named it Herbie :) Still don?t know why...its never been in an accident. Besides having so many problems with it, it looks brand new...no dings with little scratches and no marks of where it would have been fixed.

There was an after market radio put into the car before I bought it...then it was relaced...you could tell the person who owned the car replaced it because they did one horrible job...but I still hear buzzing...I wish it would go away...hopefully it will soon when I get my cd player in there.

Thanks for your help

Reply to
jasonsfuzzyhead

A) If your Focus starts and no key in ignition switch there has to be a short in that system. Ford has replaced a few switches. Contact a Ford dealer to see if there is a Service Info Bulletin on Key Switches. B) Before taking it to the Dealer Remove the battery ground under the air cleaner, clean both the cable end and the fender or move it to the side of the vertical fender just ahead of the black bracket. There is a hole w/slot for it, but be sure to clean off the paint and cover w/ grease to weather proof it. C) Remember each fused circut has a seperate ground to complete each circut when your looking at electrical problems.

Reply to
xford