What kind of oil?

I drive my Focus (ZX3) pretty hard. Any recommendations on the type of oil I should use for oil changes. Also, how frequently should I get an oil change?

You don't say where you live, but in very cold or hot climates, synthetic oil can be an advantage. Here in Ontario it helps starting on very cold winter mornings, and in Arizona in July it stands up to heat better.
Other than such extreme conditions, I'd say just follow your owner's manual. These small Ford engines have been pretty bullet-proof in Escorts in the past, and seem to stand up well in Focuses as well, as long as one follows recommendation. Cheers.
Other than such extreme conditions, I'd say just follow your owner's manual. These small Ford engines have been pretty bullet-proof in Escorts in the past, and seem to stand up well in Focuses as well, as long as one follows recommendation. Cheers.
Hey Dave, The Escort never came with a Zetec engine.
Henri wrote:

Two of the three I had did! (In UK however).
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Henri wrote:

The US 1998 - 2003 Escort ZX2 had a Zetec.
So I forgot about the ZX2.
Henri wrote:

The US 1998 - 2003 Escort ZX2 had a Zetec.

Your ignorance is showing again. Find another newsgroup to waste bandwidth on.
Castrol GTX oil Every 3000 miles

Gary Avrett wrote:

Castrol GTX is a brand of oil. The owner manual list the grade of oil to use. In the case of my 2003 zetec ZX3 I use the grade that is specified by Ford in the owner manual, 5-W20. Most of my driving is at fixed speeds on mostly level highways near sea level so I change mine between 4,000 and 5,000 miles. The car has over 245,000 miles on it. If one operates their car on urban street and roads and or hilly areas shorter change intervals are recommended.

--
John in the sand box of Maryland's eastern shore.