Window regulator from the dealer

is $140 without motor and another $140 for the motor. Can you recommend a replacement YOU have used for the driver side window specially on a 2002 ZX3? I would hate to get a cheaper replacement
on line and later find it doesn't fit exactly as original.
Haven't looked at it yet so I don't know if I need a motor. Sounds like it's still working but don't know if the gear is still good.

I replaced mine in a 2001 ZX3. If I remember right, that is the one Focus model you have to get the window regulator from the dealer. I do not believe you have an option on the motor. The whole assembly with the motor comes as a unit for around $120. It may be more now.
I wasn't happy about the price either but you have no other choice. My problem was the plastic clips to the window broke. 50 cent pieces of plastic but they are part of the unit as well.
Also, have the service guy print you a copy of the installation instructions. They were a big help for me.
I had a windowlift system replaced on a GMC van a few years ago, and I believe it cost $450 for the limit switch and motor assembly. No matter the car this is an expensive repair.
Jim

I had a windowlift system replaced on a GMC van a few years ago, and I believe it cost $450 for the limit switch and motor assembly. No matter the car this is an expensive repair.
Jim
I replaced the window regulator on my wife's 98 Grand Prix drivers door for $63.95, no tax and free shipping.
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 04:31:15 -0700 (PDT), James Rose

I recently replaced the regulator in the right rear door of my 2002 Ford Focus 2002 US model. The complete assembly with integrated motor was less than $100 US.
Getting the old regulator out was a bitch. The regulator has a heavy U shaped nylon block to attach the glass to the regulator. There wasn't enough room in the door cavity to pry both sides of the nylon block away for the glass at the same time. I ended up cutting up the block with a hack saw to free it. There has to be a better way. I wonder how the pros do it.

They just follow the instructions in the Haynes car manuals <http://www.messybeast.com/dragonqueen/real-haynes.htm
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk