yes I'm up to no good

I lease my 2003 Focus SE does any one know how to either turn off the odometer or adjust it so the kilometers aren't very high at the end of my lease Note I am not a mechanic so it has to be very easy to do
anyone?

With respect, why would anyone help you with this? It might be your car that one of us buys as a used vehicle in the future!
FWIW, Focus uses an electronic sensor, VSS, for all speed and distance calculation. This feeds data to the ECU so disconnecting it would loose you speedo indication. More importantly, the engine would run with reduced power, and would tend to cut out when coming to a halt. I don't think there is any other easy way to do it.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

jkaz wrote:

Hi the easiest way is not to drive more kilometers than necessary. Thats very easy here in Germany because the prices for fuel are rising. bye Jupp
Cannot be done in its present state.Its also illegal in most countries. And anybody doing it is really dumb!!
But: You would have to change the cluster and the engine management computer.
The management computer records the date in service, serial number, mileage, maximum top speed that the car has done,(that's how they are able to refuse warranty, over a certain speed they call it abuse), whether seat belts were in use at the time of a crash, the speed at the time of impact, whether the brake was applied or not, air bags deployed etc, etc, etc. Also if you have the car serviced at a dealer there is a record in the dealer and Ford computers of date and mileage. Car dealers are smarter than the average motorist, that's why they are able to sell you a product at 100 times more than it is worth.
I lease my 2003 Focus SE does any one know how to either turn off the odometer or adjust it so the kilometers aren't very high at the end of my lease Note I am not a mechanic so it has to be very easy to do anyone?

Not a troll. Just a bit thick.
JW
Cut a hole in your floor and use your feet
see flintsones for details.

LOL...Damn thx, that was the most funny post in last few month!
--
Michael Heiming (GPG-Key ID: 0xEDD27B94)
Simple. Open the hood and start clipping wires. Soon your odometer won't move at all. You might even get mileage credit when your lease expires.

"Just count the dolts, baby"