'01 F150 Brakes-a design flaw?

My pals 2001 F150 had brakes renewed at 75K. The new rotor(s) warped at

85K. The local Meineke shop replaced them under warranty. At 95K the same thing happened. Ditto 105K.

Now the shop/mechanics are saying the brakes are flawed design allowing unequal pad pressure and all of that generation F150's are like that.

Anyone with insight or knowlege about this , please advise, and thanks.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Starr

This has been beat to death. Torque the lugnuts to the correct value and 99% of these problems go away. Google search this group for more.

Reply to
bomar

Properly torqued lugnuts as bomar said, and KEEP the left foot OFF the pedal. Sounds like a two footed driver to me.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Other posters answered it. Meineke can't handle the job correctly, even though that's about all they do. Go figure. They must have a heck of a training program.

Reply to
Joe

How did the brakes last the first 75k?

Reply to