'03 F350: factory stereo - clock display instead of radio station etc

Okay, here this question is again but instead of an '88 Bronco, I've got a

2003 F350 with a factory CD/Cassette/Radio and it won't display the time unless I press the clock button every time I start the truck up. I also have to do this everytime I touch any of the dials/buttons on the thing. I'm pulling what little remain hair I have out over this. I took it back to the dealership and they said that's the way they are and there is nothing that can be done to change it. However, I've been in other '03 Ford trucks and noticed that the radio displays the time just fine so I know this is bullsh*t. I've got the owners manual, but there is nothing in there on how to change the way this works.

I've tried holding in the volume knob in for 3/5/10 seconds as was recommended for the '88 Bronco, but because this is used to turn the thing on/off that's all it does - it doesn't seem to change the way that the time is displayed.

Somebody somewhere has to know what the secret button presses are to reprogram this and restore my sanity. HELP!

Reply to
Brandon

i am not sure, but i think on the premum sound system to change the clock display you hold the clock button in for

10 -15 seconds
Reply to
Falcoon