03 F350 FUEL GAUGE PROBLEM

Can anybody give me an idea as to how to fix a fuel gauge that sits on full all the time.my consoule also shows 700 plus to empty.it all started when i was 4x4in and we started doing high speed mud bog runs.i thought that maybe the float or level transmitter was stuck,but i have fueled it up numerous times since with no change. CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME ANY CLUES? THANKS KIRK

Reply to
kirk doyle

My sending unit and many others were replaced under warranty (2002 F350), but I didnt bury it in mud first. Have you checked the wire from the tank ? Mud n crud may have pulled it out.

Rudy

Yes, and what's with the frikkin $140 they want JUST for a sending unit??? Ours is the same way. No mudding though.

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

And thats just the part..ADD 2-3 hrs labor @ $ 70.00~ hr