04 F150, decent truck?

Hi all;

seen some of the new f150's around, i was just curious if anyone had driven then or heard of anything majorly wrong? Not that bad looking truck, just wondering what other people's take was on them.

Thanks TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

I have had mine since Sept. Only thing I had done was have the computer reprogrammed for the outside temp gauge and slow throttle response. Some on the F150 forums have had problems. But being you always here about the problems, it doesn't seem to be that many. I can say I have been driving f150's since 1978 and this is the best driving and handling by far I have ever had. Try it you will like it. Give one a test drive.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

There are two different trucks: The 5.4L which is a new engine and tranny and body and design. AND the 4.6L which is, I think, the same engine and mechanics as the 97-03 models but has the new design and body. I first drove the 5.4L extended cab and long wheelbase. It had lots of zip and rode like a cadillac. I bought the 4.6L STX trim with the short wheelbase and am reall happy with the two months I've had it. It is a LOT of truck. But then I've been driving a Ford Tempo for the last 13 years. The short wheelbase does feel all the bumps in the road and feels like a truck but is quiet on the interior and cruises at 75mph real good. Though a 2wd it sits as high as most

4x4's. I like this look and visibility, but being short it means I need a step stool to reach over the side to get things out of the bed. The bed itself is a lot deeper than most other trucks and, as I have a flat tonneau cover on it, I really like this extra space. There are a lot of things came standard that cost extra on other brands I looked at: V8, Auto, Tilt steering, air, big camper mirrors, locking tailgate. For not much added the STX trim adds a CD player, Cruise control, and Michelin tires. I also found one with limited slip. I don't miss all the electric stuff. With the regular cab (which has quite a bit of room behind the seats and 4 doors) there are only two windows and one is right beside me. Only one mild irritation. People keep bumping into my mirrors and getting them out of wack. Electric mirrors would be nice for this.

Reply to
Ron

The "Heritage" 04 F150 is the same as the 03. The new F150 is lots different. Not available with a manual transmission. What next?? I went to look at one and smacked my head into the grill. It opens with the hood, like a Dodge. Hangs in a great place to whack your head. Great idea to steal.....

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I just bought a 04 F-150 Heritage and I love it. It's a great truck and mine's a 4x2 and we have 22.9 inches of snow on the ground and it hasn't gotten stuck yet

Reply to
cjbartholomew

I have 1000 miles on my new 04 f150 fx4supercab with the 5.4 liter 3 valver.. It is a great rruck and rides super smooth and quiet.. My previous truck was the 1998 club cab dakota with the 5.2l mag engine.(junk) Towing with the new ford is great.. you need to look in the rear view mirrow to make sure the trailer is there as you can't feel it.. Only downs on the new f150 is glove box is to small.. But makes up with center console bin.. as I have the leather captain chair option,.. With this being the only flaw so far I would call it a good truck.. Iceman

Reply to
Trympht595