06 ford f15 remote start

we just installed a ford remote start on an 06 f150. When we hit the start button it honks twice and shuts off. we checked the hood switch that is fine, and the wire to the brake is hooked up correct. dose anyone know what is going on?

Reply to
hmdolliver

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:52:23 -0800, hmdolliver rearranged some electrons to say:

Perhaps you installed it incorrectly.

Maybe the unit you bought has some troubleshooting instructions?

Reply to
david

I inquired about a remote starter for my 2003 F150 and was told it can be done but expensive. The reason you have to buy another key and get it programed for your truck and then the key is installed under your dash somewhere in the remote start system. When you start your truck normally, you insert key, twist to start, truck starts, computer looks for the chip in the black part of the key, finds it and continues to run. If that chip is not on the key the truck will run for about 5 seconds and then click off. It is a anti-theft device. What happens on a remote start the computer looks for the chip, not in cab, shuts off. The sales people I suspect sold you the wrong unit.

Reply to
bill gammon