'06 Ranger keyless entry poor range

I have a 2006 Ranger SC that the keyless entry has poor range at times. The dealer said that the problem is radio interference. People that park in the same lot, have 2 to 3 times more range than I have. I have compared the range to Chevys, Toyotas, Dodges and other Fords including a 2006 Fusion and they all have better range than my Ranger. The batteries in the remotes are good, both remotes act the same and I have reprogrammed the remotes twice with no change in range. I have talked to the dealer 4 times and they tell me that it is normal and that I cannot compare other vehicles to the Ranger because the placement of the receiver is different and the body style makes the remote act different. At times I can only get the remote to work when I am 30 feet away. Has anyone had this problem with their 2006 Ranger? My warranty runs out within a month. Thank in advance for any help.

Rich

Reply to
Richard

I have a similar problem with a 2004 Explorer -- the keyless entry nearly drove me crazy -- it worked or did not work at odd intervals. I finally spent a few minutes walking around the vehicle, locking and unlocking it as I mover farther and farther away. I finally found a few "dead spots" -- for example, approaching directly from the front, I have to stand almost on the bumper to make it unlock -- but if I move a couple of steps right or left, it works fine. I think the dealer may be right -- the receiver is located in such a way that it is masked if you are standing at certain points.

Reply to
The Avenging Angel

[...]

The proper comparison would be against other Mazda products. the Ranger is a a Mazda B truck.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You need to fix something. You posted the same reply three times.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You need to fix something, you posted the same thing 3 times.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You need to fix something, you posted the same thing 3 times.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You have it backward, the current Mazda B series trucks sold in the US are rebadged Rangers. In other parts of the world, Ford sells rebadged Mazda trucks as Fords. For instance in Australia, the Ford Courier is a Mazda derived truck (see

). In Mexico (and much of latin America) Ford sells a completely different Courier that is car based
) and US Ranger based trucks (with a real 4 door model available
). In the UK (and Europe) the Ford Ranger is a Mazda based Truck (
). In the Middle East, the Ranger is also Mazda derived (
). I think it is pretty much in the Western Hemisphere the Rangers are US Ford based Rangers. In the rest of the world, they are Mazda based. In the US, Mazda sells rebadged Rangers. In the rest of the world, Mazda sells Mazda based trucks
,
) Ed

Reply to
C. E. White
30 feet sound like decent range. I've had several vehicles that didn't do better than that. My current Nissan Frontier has a range of at least 50 yards and it is a pain. Several times I have accidentally triggered it from the bedroom when tossing the keys on the dresser. I constantly worry that I have inadvertently unlocked the truck. I live in an apartment complex and the Frontier is in a satellite lot where I can't see it.

Why do you think you need more than 30 feet? The only time I wanted more was when I had a remote starter. The remote starter FOB could start my vehicle in the parking lot when I was still safely in the building. Great for cold weather. I could start the car from the inside, verify it was running, and then go back to work for a while until the vehicle was warmed up.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Well, I don't know who is re-badging what -- but -- after losing my beloved

16-year-old Nissan plain Jane truck in Katrina, I purchased a 97 Mazda B4000 with several known problems. Because the Mazda dealer is too damn far away and a Ford dealer is only five minutes away, I have been taking my truck to the Ford dealer to fix a few things I found wrong with it. This Ford dealer honors the extended warranty I bought from the Mazda dealer, and, he fixes the truck with Ford parts.
Reply to
Joe S.