$12000 for new diesel engine?

Does any who has replaced their Ford pickup's diesel engine know if it is $12,000?

Seems kind of high.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Is the man who quoted you this price holding a large jar of Vaseline? Was that price outright or exchange?

Reply to
Tyrone

Did it in my 1987 F350 Dualie cost me 6750.00 total.

But I am sure if your going the Dealer Route you'll get bent over big time.

Tim

Reply to
Tim G

That sounds incredibly high to me unless you are getting a long block & everything else

i.e. you burned up the old one & need "everything"!!

Reply to
johnH

||That sounds incredibly high to me unless you are getting a long block & ||everything else || ||i.e. you burned up the old one & need "everything"!!

Actually, its common for diesels to be offered complete, with fuel system and all. PowerBilt and PROmaster offer them for reasonable money.

||> Seems kind of high. ||>

||> B~ ||>

|| ||

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

even if youre talking canadian dollars that number just is not realistic. i could replace my entire 7.3PSD for around $5,000....a little more if i wanted to let someone else do the r&r.

im waiting to see how much for a new crate diesel that will be coming in the liberty. im already planning on a diesel swap into my unlimited rubi that ill be ordering. to bad i cant order it with no engine like the corvette (was an option though i dont remember what year, to order a corvette with no engine). ive grown to believe that an oil burner is the only way to go anymore.

Reply to
MontanaJeeper

Ol' Bill Hughes in ramj+w would beg to differ. :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

But if you go the doit yourself route the dealer will bend you over to fix the amateur mistakes.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Hawkes