1984 F150 Rear Axle Codes

Greetings All,

I have a 1984 F150 (2WD manufactured on 3/84) with a rear axle code (on the VIN) of 14. I haven't been able to find a match; the closest axle code that I can find is for a 1983 which indicates the axle has a

3.00:1 gear ratio. That seems a little high for a truck used to haul decent-sized (25-30') camping trailers, but maybe that's just the way it is. The truck has a 351 engine with a C6 transmission.

I was planning to call the Ford dealer to see what code they list, but if anyone knows the gear ratio offhand I'd appreciate your response. Thanks!

Brad

Reply to
Brad Wartman

14=3.00-1