1986 diesel 6.9 stalls after cold starts

New fuel pump installed. New O-rings on injectors installed. Truck starts fine when cold but stalls within 30 secs and is very hard to restart. Runs and starts fine all day once you restart it We replaced the bypass lines on the injectors with clear lines and notice bubbles going forward on the passenger side up into the fuel filter Also, when taking off the fuel tank cap on the front tank, lots of pressure built up inside rushes out. Thanks, doug

Reply to
FSEnglert

Ya know this thing has glow plugs and require about 15 to 20 sec. before starting after turning the key on.

Reply to
Doc

I was wondering, did you find your problem? I have a friend who has my old truck 86 f250 6.9, with a simler problem. We replaced the filter and added an electric pump, but it seems to be sucking air somewhere. We are going to check the hoses at the tanks and see if they are weather cracked. I did notice when I had the truck that if you had an air leak in the lines it would sipon the fuel back to the tanks. check to see if your vent line at the tank is clear. good luck dave

Reply to
liteflyer 1