1987 F-150 weak spark

I have 1987 F-150 V-8. The engine began to lose power, even when pushing more on the accelerator. The spark appears to be weak. Any ideas? I've replaced the coil, and checked the fuel flow from the fuel pump. Thanks.

Reply to
Howard Mora

Fuel flow will not cause weak spark. It will cause a loss of power under power demand. Fuel flow without checking at pressure as specified for your vehicle will not tell you anything about fuel available to the engine under load. If you have replaced the coil, I would check the voltage at the coil. That vintage Ford did have problems with the ignition control module on the distributor.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:48:54 -0500, lugnut rearranged some electrons to form:

Yup that's what I would suspect... TFI module. You can replace it yourself, just be sure not to forget to apply the thermal compound on it before you install it (the replacement unit should come with the compound).

Reply to
David M