1987 f150 keeps stalling PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Well, it took a local mechanic in a small shop 5 minutes with no tools to diagnose the problem it wasn't the EGR valve, fuel pump, Ignition Module wires etc....It was the MAP sensor! He just unplugged it and it ran much better. Replaced it and it runs great!

Thanks for all your help I learned a few things.

Rick

Reply to
Sasha

Success! that's good to hear that it was simple. It's hard to imagine the map sensor could cause such an issue, but I suppose it could. I would have expected such to throw a code though, as the system usually has max and min values for sensor inputs and will throw a code if it's over or below that. The MAP sensor isn't mechanical like some of those other items you mention, so it almost always will throw a code if it isn't working right.

Glad to hear it's fixed.

Reply to
Mike H