1987 F250 460 (7.5l) Related problems? (fuel)

I have an 87 with a few problems that might be related, maybe not.

  1. Starting: it takes 5-7 seconds (maybe 10) of cranking to get it started and this MUST include 5-10 pumps of the pedal, more if it's been a week since last started.

2.The accelerator sticks at 40+MPH, like cruise control, gradually the speed slows (1-2 MPH per minute?) and when it gets to under 35mph the goes to idle and the truck slows normally.

  1. Under 10MPH I can feel micro surges, like I hitting the gas but very quickly and slight.

Given these symptoms, should I look at fuel system or electrical? Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Dave A.