1987 F250 stalls

Hello all,

I have a 1987 F250 with 351 4 barrel carb and auto transmission. Drove it into the woods today on a jeep/logger trail (to cut some downed trees) and it would stall out when going over just about every large bump(rocks, logs).

It would start up after some engine cranking and blew out black smoke that didn't smell of oil or gas. Would hit another bump and stall again.

Have any ideas on what to check or what might be causing this problem? I guessing a fuel delivery problem.

It runs OK on the highway and on a pretty rutted dirt road that leads to my house.

Thanks.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony and Marylyn DeGregorio