1987 Ford Ranger 2.9 4X4 auto w/overdrive transmission change/swap

I have the subject mentioned vehicle with a bad transmission, have had no luck finding an 1987 tranny yet.I live in New-Brunswick Canada. Just bought the truck with a bad transmission in it. Havent really had a chance to examine vehicle too much yet but do i have any other options as to what transmission will fit? I'd like a direct bolt on as much as possible but what years would fit said vehicle or any other transmission models fit? It has a professional rebuilt 2.9 V6 motor with only about 5000-6000 miles on it so would like to use that motor.Also does this vehicle setup allow for possible future body/suspension lift?

Reply to
Reg