1989 f150 standard trans problem

I Have a 89 f150 with a standard trans. When you shift into reverse it pops out when you let the clutch out. All forward gears work fine.Thank-you for any help.

Reply to
Summit600

Probably something simple like the linkage needs adjusting.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

"" wrote: > I Have a 89 f150 with a standard trans. > When you shift into reverse it pops out when you let the > clutch out. All > forward gears work fine.Thank-you for any help.

It is either a bend fork or a worn poppet that keeps it in gear. Either way it needs to be torn into. Sometimes some STP mixed with some fresh gear oil can help it for a while.

Reply to
SnoMan

you haven't worked on many of those, have you, idiot ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Reply to
S&S Kempf