1990 Aerostar Trans problem

Hi-All, I have a '90 aerostar. The trans and van seem to run fine. The trans pulls solid and runs with no apperent problems(slipping, smoke,etc), except when I accelirate(sic) the tran seems to hesitaite to shift up and Into high gear unless I prod It by stomping a little on the gas, then It will start to shift up. Wonder If It's the vac mode, hose, bands, or kickdown thing????

Thanks; Dave

P.S. I bought this van with another, It's sat and near dealer shape. But I looked under It and I'm not sure If the trans was replaced/rebuild. It had the "yellow" marker stuff on It.... Don't get me worng the van runs great, pulls up hills and hauls down the highway, just the shifting, bugging me.

Reply to
Dave

with a decription like that, I wonder too..............

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer