1990 F150 fuel delivery problem (solution!)

Google won't let me "revive" my thread, so I apologize for starting a new one.

In reference to:

As Bob ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) suggested, the problem isn't ordinary. The fuel pump does not shut off when pressure is established. Fuel injected vehicles require high pressure, so it's not like the old british electric fuel pumps. I did some testing and found that with the fuel pump running, I was getting plenty of pressure on the fuel rail, but no ignition. I had replaced the computer last year according to one dealer on an un-related isssue. (nightmare dealer service experience. Suffice it to say I spent $900 and wound up fixing it myself by actually CONNECTING the O2 sensor, only after replacing the pcm per their recommendation).

Anyhow, I took it to another dealer who found the replacement pcm to have gone bad (why did I turn the other one in? To get the $100 core back) What really blows is that they say the computer has a one year warantee. I took it into the dealership one year and two weeks AFTER I bought the now-defunct computer.

So, another $800 down the toilet, but at least the truck is working again.

Thank you Bob for your advice.

Reply to
Brent Olson