1990 ford f250 diesel - ignitor controller not staying on long enough

Awhile back I replaced the ignitor controller box that sends the power to the glowplugs when you first turn the key on. This is located on the firewall behind the aircleaner

The way the old box worked (before it died) was that it would click once and send power to the glowplugs for about 30 seconds, then it would go click click click as it kept them hot waiting for you to start the truck

When I replaced the controller, it goes right into click click click mode, it never stays on when the key is first turned on so the glow plugs never get hot.

What controls the controller and tells it to stay on longer? Is there an adjustment inside the controller box itself to set the time before it goes into click click click mode ?

Thanks

Reply to
Tracy