1990 Ford Ranger Rear Antilock Lamp Always On

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger (170k). A week ago (while the weather was hot), my Rear Antilock lamp came on. About 30 minutes later, it went off and stayed off for a few days. Meanwhile, my right turn signal lamp would not work although the signals themselves worked fine.

Now the Rear Antilock light is back on all of the time but the turn signal works fine. I have checked the fluid level and it appears fine. About 2 months ago I had the front brakes and rotators replaced. I have about 40% left on the rear brakes and so all that is left is to tighten up the emerency brake.

My concern is that when I made an inquiry, someone mentioned that he had the same problem just before he had problems with the differential. He said that it provides a sensor for the differential as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. The owners manual is not much use.

Reply to
Christopher

You need to have the Anti lock system checked the light is telling you there is a problem. Brakes will work fine but your anti lock will not till the problem is repaired.

Reply to
fredzo