1990 Ranger choke/surging problems

When my ranger is first started, the choke does not want to kick in, also while it is still cold it will surge.

Reply to
?

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:41:06 +0000, ? rearranged some electrons to form:

Fuel injected engines don't have a choke.

Reply to
David M

I was using a generic term. Thanks for helping diagnos the problem.

Reply to
?

"?" snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.com wrote in news:vYXOe.35851$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

since fuel inj doesn`t have a choke it is a completly incorect term, so stuff your attitude and ask a correct question. KB (choke is not a generic term for anything other than a lack of air since fuel inj.arrived on the scene)

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Check yourself, you are the one being a jerk. Since I am not an ASE certified mechanic, what is the correct queston to ask? Maybe you can help me out with the problem instead of being a problem. Would that be difficult for you? Any help you could give with the problem would be a great help. Other than that, don't bother to reply to this thread.

Reply to
?

Here it is. Upon starting from a cold state, the truck will not increase idle to warm up.(Note that I did not use the term "choke" since it seems to offed you). It surges. If I do not give it at least 20 minutes to warm up, it will continue to surge as I drive until it does warm up.

Reply to
?

Could this be a problem with some part of the emissions control system? Maybe idle air control valve, intake air temp sensor, or maf? I figured I better be specific since I got stomped on for using the word "choke". Thanks for any help.

Reply to
?

"?" snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.com wrote in news:Oo1Pe.36230$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

sure show some more attitude on top of your first attitude. you were just corrected on the first reply to your post. you lipped off about it so I jumped you for being a jerk to the first correction, now you do it again. No help from me now. apparently you are incabible of learning. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Are you kidding? You very first reply to me was "fuel injected vehicles don't have a choke", and that was it. No help, just a statement. So apparently you had no intention of helping me in the first place. Just seemed like you wanted people to see how smart you were. You don't see that as being a jerk? Of course I am being a jerk to you because of that. At least I can recognize when I am being a jerk even if you can't.

Reply to
?

"?" snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.com wrote in news:gw5Pe.41268$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

The very first reply to your post, before I replied, and did not relize it was posted was there was no choke, and you jumped his shit about being a ass because he corrected you as no usefull info had been posted to help you. I simply said basicly the same thing and admonished you for the quick attitude. you have shown a unbeleiveable attitude when you (1) didn`t give any usefull info to help you with, (2) had a quick attitude attack when YOU are looking for some free help. (3) had it again when admonished about it. (4) We just hit the you don`t know how to ask for help nicely so scr*w off limit. have a nice life and come back when you get some humility. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

You know. You are right. I took his comment the wrong way. I did take it as a smarta** reply. I would not refer to him as being an "ass". I was only irritated with the one line reply that I got back from the original post as smarta** in nature. I might not have the knowledge about the vehicle that he, or others have. I know that if I had been asked for information, I would given as much as I know. I will know in the future to give as detailed of information as I can manage. This will end here. (Unless he wants to also tell me to scr*w off).

Reply to
?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:47:13 +0000, ? rearranged some electrons to form:

No, I won't but I will give you some advice, since you probably haven't used Usenet very much.

1) If you want help, completely describe the problem. Here's your original post:

"When my ranger is first started, the choke does not want to kick in, also while it is still cold it will surge."

This by itself does not describe the problem. You might have stated it thusly:

"When my ranger is first started, the RPM is at the normal idle speed. When I drive it, also while it is still cold, the RPM goes up and down and I have to give it more gas to keep it running. (or whatever the symptoms might be)."

Don't leave anything out even if you think it's not relevent. Describe the SYMPTOMS, not what you think the answer might be, especially if you don't know much about your vehicle.

2) Describe the vehicle completely "1990 Ranger, x.xL engine, auto trans." 3) State any recent maintenance or changes that you have made "I just replaced all the spark plugs", or whatever. 4) Check the attitude at the door. Nobody wants to help an asshole. Remember, on Usenet, you get back what you give 10 times over.

5) Lastly, end with "Thanks, any information is appreciated"

If you ask nicely, and completely describe the problem, someone will help you. If not, screw off and have a nice day.

Reply to
David M

Well, I guess I deserved that. Unfortunately, from what I see, a lot of other posters need your advise.

Reply to
?