1991 Fuel pump runs continuous, F250 won't start cold

I have read several posts on this topic, great discussions, no answers though.

When I turn the key on, if the fuel pumps runs and stops, the truck will start cold. If the fuel pump runs and runs continuous the truck will not start. No fuel, will start with gas sprayed in the throttle body.

F250 dual tanks, in tank fuel pumps with 130,000 miles. OBD I code, fuel pressure, when running rough. I suspect fuel pressure regulator, all gas being returned, not enough pressure building.

If I turn the key on and start all in one quick motion the truck will start cold. Once the truck starts and gets warmed up it will start and run all day. Has to sit and idle 5 minutes, can't touch the gas pedal.

Like I said before, several other posts had the same problem.

Did anyone get the Ford Fuel problem fixed?

Reply to
novamarz

Man, I'm no fuel expert, but I'll take an educated guess.........

From what you describe, it appears you have a leak-down that seals itself when the engine warms up. I wouldn't be able to trace it though. sorry

MM^^

Reply to
invalid unparseable